January 14, 2022

Back to the Grind

March 22nd, 2021 we started cycle day 1.  Trying Femara PO and Progesterone IM. We did a few ultrasounds on 4/5/21 showing lining thickness of 8.1mm, and follicles at 11.4, 10.3, 9.4, 9.1 (and multiple others on my left), on my right was a 11.2, 10.0, 9.0 and about 10 more smaller. Estradiol was at 52.1.  We decided to continue to let them grow and repeat ultrasound in four days.  That Friday 4/9/21 I went in for a repeat ultrasound my lining thickness was 10.1mm. Follicles on left were 15.5, 6.6 and a few smaller, and right 5.8mm was my largest and multiple other smaller.  Estradiol had increased to 230.3 which was looking much better.  

A gift from a dear friend to hold on to and pray with

We continued to do ovulation predictor kits at home and on 4/11/21 had a peak test and triggered that afternoon.  Sometimes I just had the urge to see a double line, so post trigger shot I would test to see the bright two lines, although artificial from the injection. We started progesterone on 4/14/21 and kept our fingers crossed that our good looking follicles would bring us a strong conception. 


Positive HCG after Trigger Shot 4.12.21

Heading into the two week wait, we were back in the same spot that we had been so many times.  We kept busy with social outings (as much as we could with COVID still lumming). April 25th, 14 days post trigger we took a pregnancy test and again a single line.  We stopped progesterone shots and waited for my cycle to start again.  Right back into another round.

3 Days Post Trigger Shot 4.14.21

7 Days Post Trigger Shot 4.18.21

9 Days Post Trigger Shot 4.20.21

11 Days Post Trigger 4.22.21

April 29th, 2021 we started yet another cycle day 1.  This time we were going to step up our game and try Femara PO, Follistim SQ, and Progesterone IM.  Follistim was able to be filled at a local pharmacy compared to when we had tried with Jackson for our IUI and IVF rounds we had to drive to Omaha to fill all the vials, this was so nice to only drive across town.  

One of the additional medications we added

We did Femara 5mg cycle day 3-7, and added Follistim 50 units daily for 3 days starting 5/3/21.  Then headed in for our first ultrasound this cycle on 5/6/21, and planned to adjust injections from there.  On 5/6/21 our lining was 7.8mm and follicles were measuring 10.9, 9.1, 8.4 (plus many more on the left), right side had 12.6, 12.3, 10.8mm (and several other smaller ones). Estradiol was 125.2 which showed I was positively responding to the medications. We continued with 50 more units of Follistim and planned to repeat labs. We repeated labs that Saturday at Bryan and it showed my estradiol was 320.8, progesterone 0.3. Tiff Vasa NP who I was working with through these cycles was so excited, hopefully two good ones brewing, and the lower progesterone showed I shouldn't ovulate before our next scan. I went back on Monday 5/10/21 for another scan as we were wanting to closely monitor these growing follicles.  My lining was 14.4 mm and follicles 11.1, 11.7, 10.4 (left), 22.2, 17.8, 13.4mm (right). Estradiol was 317.9. With the estradiol not increasing much more this most likely meant I had one dominant follicle (the 22.2mm one), and some of the smaller ones regressed.  I couldn't help but feel like all of the hype trying to not over stimulate my ovaries had let us down.  Now only one single follicle to put all of our dreams into this cycle.  While I know the average woman only ovulates one, maybe two follicles a single month, I wanted more... to increase our chances of success.  We triggered that afternoon and started progesterone shots 5/13/21.  

Follistim SQ Injections

Me and my old friend

Easton and Jackson being so supportive


No comments:

Post a Comment