January 14, 2022

The Tiniest Baby, The Growing Hope

June 10th Derrick and I went into the office for our first ultrasound of this pregnancy.  We were so nervous.  Not wanting to expect, hope, or think of what might or might not be shown.  There it was... Our baby.  The tiniest little blob, with a flicker of a heartbeat.  One would think this would offer me full reassurance that all was good, but in our past we had seen a heartbeat and still had a miscarriage.  So I couldn't fully relax.  I wanted to in the worst of ways.  

Very bloated from the injections

Cloud 9, but nervous as heck

Our Sweet Little Miracle

The next few weeks were difficult.  Wanting a play by play but knowing that wasn't possible.  I wanted a window into my uterus to show me if the heart was still beating, if the baby was still growing, if my body was doing ENOUGH.  I started going to therapy With Jolie Vega on June 15th and wow was that over due.  We will discuss this further in another post, but the reassurance from a non bias therapist was just what my heart needed to rationalize and validate my fears.  


July 1st, 2021, almost one year exactly from when we miscarried our third baby.  From when this saga of trying for another baby started we were still on the emotional roller coaster of living appointment to appointment.  The ultrasound thankfully showed a growing baby measuring right on track.  I was 9 weeks, and trying to rest assured that two ultrasounds showing growth, heart beat and no reason to think that anything from here on out would cause any derailment in our story.  

9 Week Ultrasound

Colorado Vacation

Pregnancy Announcement Photo

We spent the Summer busy with the kids, traveling, baseball games, VBS, work, friends and swimming.  In the midst of August through my weeks of therapy I uncovered my intense need for a career shift of departments.  I moved from my home unit of Mother/Baby of almost 12 years, to Employee Health at Bryan.  I needed away from my trigger, I needed less stress on my mind.  


September 16th we had our 20 week ultrasound.  While excited to find out the gender I was nervous that there might be something discovered during this ultrasound that would indicate something wasn't right.  The ultrasound tech, I am sure could sense my nervousness, she talked me through the exam that things were beautiful.  Our baby was growing, all fingers and toes were accounted for, and baby was wanting to not show its face.  Once we finally got a chance to see the face I knew... baby was a spitting image of his brother Easton.  I was determined it was a boy at that moment.  

The sweetest little button nose

Baby on his head


No comments:

Post a Comment